 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10374
Re: Steve H, C$, me learning C Brick OS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:40:30 GMT

UGH!!!!

what a night.

I was up VERY LATE helping bruce put BrickOS on his brick.

(start with the left leg of the flame suit, next the right leg, ok, now
the pyro jacket, and next, the special pyro gel.)

I had not done it up until now, but with marios pointer to Bricxcc and
those 2 files it was a breeze.

Turns out bruce was missing a brickos.srec firmware,  that for some
reason never was installed....

long story short, I found it for him on line (cause bruce is not so good
with google)

bruce and I now have a firmware on our bricks.  easy as pie.

OK, next step, lets find a sample C code somewhere, and "compile it"
then Down load it on to the RCX.

EASY!

!!!!B U L L - _ * ^ !!!!!!!!

<description of flailing deleted>

Chris,

  I've only played with BrickOS a little, but I had good success.  This kind of
environment is very familiar to me.

  I use cygwin terminal to get to the directory that contains C examples.

  I type make.  All the example files are then compiled and target executables
created.

  I list the files in the directory to find out the target suffix.  I know it is
not .rcx, but I can't remember what it is.

  I copy one of the example files to balancer.c

  I edit balancer.c the file using vi, notepad, whatever.....

  I edit the Makefile to add balancer to the list of programs to be compiled.

  Back at cygwin terminal, I type:

    make balancer.<fill in the suffix here>

  Wait and watch for error messages.

  If no error messages download balancer.<fill in the suffix here> to your RCX.

  At lunch I'll get my laptop and try to be more specific.

Kevin