 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10396
Re: Steve H, C$, me learning C Brick OS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:05:07 GMT

"Kevin L. Clague" wrote:

  I use cygwin terminal to get to the directory that contains C examples.
  I type make.  All the example files are then compiled and target executables
created.
  I list the files in the directory to find out the target suffix.  I know it is
not .rcx, but I can't remember what it is.
  I copy one of the example files to balancer.c
  I edit balancer.c the file using vi, notepad, whatever.....
  I edit the Makefile to add balancer to the list of programs to becompiled.
  Back at cygwin terminal, I type:
    make balancer.<fill in the suffix here>
  Wait and watch for error messages.

  If no error messages download balancer.<fill in the suffix here> to your RCX.

  At lunch I'll get my laptop and try to be more specific.

Kevin

well then. that just CLEARS IT right up!!!

Blind them with confusion.  Its my job!

let me fire up my ol' UNIX BOX.. hummm, now where did I put that UNIX BOX...

oh ya, I remember.

    I DON'T KNOW UNIX, OR C!!!!

How have you survived so long with that kind of handicap?

and I probably wouldn't go near a cygwin without some rubber gloves.

and where does Bricxcc come into all this???(1)

Bricxcc is for those who can't......

Kevin

Chris

(1) and unlike most superhero's I have not seen John Hansen, step up to the plate
and solve this(2).  I mean really.  does not everyone in lugnet read RTL to watch
the comings and goings?

Technic, Robotics and CAD are not nearly as interesting.  I don't get quoted
nearly as much there.

(2) Sure I could e-mail John.... but that would be easy.