 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10438
Re: Quite C and BrickOS (WAS: Re: Steve H, C$, me learning C Brick OS)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:02:04 GMT

can you riddle me this:

if I install this QC prg, can I compile and D/L c code written for brickos???

You sound as if you've never even heard of QC. That’s rather strange, as one of
the few (if not the only one) Mindstorms Connect 4 bots (by Andy Clapham’s:
http://www.artilect.co.uk/lego/default.asp?page=4inarow%2Drobot) is programmed
in Quite C.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't BrickOS use a standard every-day C
compiler? So there really is no such thing as "code written for brickos" - C
code is C code, at least this is the case with Quite C.

D/L? I'm guessing you meant U/L. :) As far as that goes, you *should* be able to
use any standard RCX firmware uploader, i.e. the one that comes with RCX2.0 SDK
or the one that NQC uses *should* do the trick. Again, at least this is the case
with Quite C.

Ivan
- Fish REALLY do not like coffee