 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10384
Re: Steve H, C$, me learning C Brick OS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 23:50:36 GMT

I had not done it up until now, but with marios pointer to Bricxcc and
those 2 files it was a breeze.

A very cold breeze... :-)

Turns out bruce was missing a brickos.srec firmware,  that for some
reason never was installed....

If the "2 files" you mention are the ones I put up on bricxcc.sourceforge.net
then the brickos.srec firmware should be installed to the brickos\boot
directory.  That's where it gets put if you do a full make from the brickos root
directory as well.

OK, next step, lets find a sample C code somewhere, and "compile it"
then Down load it on to the RCX.

EASY!

!!!!B U L L - _ * ^ !!!!!!!!

of all the sample c code for the RCXen out there, they all have these
stupid #includes[H.].....

OK, I can find a directory of includes.  BUT when i use BRICXCC to
compile the c, it never sees the includes and gives me (and bruce
errors.)

If your BricxCC is correctly configured it should find all the includes just
fine.  You have to first, of course, tell BricxCC to use brickOS from the Find
Brick dialog. If you can see a brickOS main menu item then you know you have
correctly selected brickOS as the firmware type.  Then go to the Preferences
dialog, Compiler page, C/C++/Pascal tab.

If you installed Cygwin and brickOS using my 2 installer executables then your
cygwin root should be c:\cygwin.  Your brickOS root should be /brickos.  And the
correct content for the Makefile Template should be:

ROOT=%os_root%
KERNEL=$(ROOT)/boot/brickOS
PROGRAMS=%project%.lx
DOBJECTS=%project_files%

all:: $(DOBJECTS) $(PROGRAMS)

download:: all
$(ROOT)/util/dll %prog% %tty% %exec% %addr% $(PROGRAMS)

set_addr::
$(ROOT)/util/dll %tty% %addr% %set_addr%

include $(ROOT)/Makefile.common
include $(ROOT)/Makefile.user

Try clicking the Default button from this tab if your values differ
signficantly.

Given the above, you should be able to use File/Open and browse to
c:\cygwin\brickos\demos and open helloworld.c.  Then you should be able to
simply click on the Compile button and have it compile without any errors.  With
version 3.3.7.6 of BricxCC you should be able to download the brickOS firmware
using the built-in firmware download feature in BricxCC (off the Tools menu).
And you should be able to download your program using the Download button.

John Hansen