 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10441
Re: Quite C and BrickOS (WAS: Re: Steve H, C$, me learning C Brick OS)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:18:06 GMT

Ivan Louch wrote:

can you riddle me this:

if I install this QC prg, can I compile and D/L c code written for brickos???

You sound as if you've never even heard of QC. That’s rather strange, as one of
the few (if not the only one) Mindstorms Connect 4 bots (by Andy Clapham’s:
http://www.artilect.co.uk/lego/default.asp?page=4inarow%2Drobot) is programmed
in Quite C.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't BrickOS use a standard every-day C
compiler? So there really is no such thing as "code written for brickos" - C
code is C code, at least this is the case with Quite C.

D/L? I'm guessing you meant U/L. :) As far as that goes, you *should* be able to
use any standard RCX firmware uploader, i.e. the one that comes with RCX2.0 SDK
or the one that NQC uses *should* do the trick. Again, at least this is the case
with Quite C.

Ivan
- Fish REALLY do not like coffee

OKOKOK

you forced it out of me.

a few years ago, kate gave me 2 fish for my birthday. (i never asked for fish, we
never spoke of fish, i don't really care for fish)

so i get these 2 "gold fish"  one pink, one blue.

so I name them Thelma and Louie.. and for the next 2 months they did their own fish
things....

then one day at breakfast, while no one was looking, I poured in a few drops of my
coffee. I thought I was giving them a treat.  i mean double-double is a nice thing
right?

NOT IF YOUR A FISH!!!

next day, thelma was missing louie in a big way.

ok, back to what is C

so if I take an example helloworld.c file from a demo section of my current
nightmare (brickos)

and load it into QC, and try to use QC to compile and download this into the RCX,
then....

what?

Chris
There's no 'I' in 'team'.  There's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'.