 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10369
10368  |  10370
Subject:
Steve H, C$, me learning C Brick OS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:32:28 GMT

UGH!!!!

what a night.

I was up VERY LATE helping bruce put BrickOS on his brick.

(start with the left leg of the flame suit, next the right leg, ok, now
the pyro jacket, and next, the special pyro gel.)

I had not done it up until now, but with marios pointer to Bricxcc and
those 2 files it was a breeze.

Turns out bruce was missing a brickos.srec firmware,  that for some
reason never was installed....

long story short, I found it for him on line (cause bruce is not so good
with google)

bruce and I now have a firmware on our bricks.  easy as pie.

OK, next step, lets find a sample C code somewhere, and "compile it"
then Down load it on to the RCX.

EASY!

!!!!B U L L - _ * ^ !!!!!!!!

of all the sample c code for the RCXen out there, they all have these
stupid #includes[H.].....

OK, I can find a directory of includes.  BUT when i use BRICXCC to
compile the c, it never sees the includes and gives me (and bruce
errors.)

so i went to bed!

3 hours later, princess started crying, and now daddy is now is slightly
blearily eyes on this day, THE COLDEST DAY OF THE YEAR!!!!! (-23C or
-36C with wind-chill) (-32.8 degrees Fahrenheit)

NOW, on my allotted 15 min break, I surf the net to A) learn C, and B)
figure out how to compile c into something.

this is where Lugnet is GREAT!  i find this LUG

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/legos/?n=*3595,-20&v=b

and OH MY GOD, look at how many entries Steve H has in there asking
about questions for his "software"

so. that's where i am.

if someone can explain in SIMPLE words, how to take a bit of obfuscated
c code and turn it into something my RCX likes, I'm all ears!

Chris
There's no 'I' in 'team'.  There's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'.