 Organizations / Canada / 116 (-100)
  Re: New Site - JLUG - Contest & Prizes too!

In lugnet.org.ca, C. L. GunningCook wrote: (much snippage) In my considered opinion, since JLUG is an org and is "in" Canada, but doesn't have a group of its own (yet, although it can if it wants one, soon enough)... lugnet.org.ca is the right place (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: New Site - JLUG - Contest & Prizes too!

(...) You bring up two very good points. Okay, you are right, there are no terms of service, terms of use, or privacy policy. We wanted to keep everything simple. As for the "mature audience".... we didn't want to set an age limit but we also did (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: New Site - JLUG - Contest & Prizes too!

OMG!!!! This looks like a really nice new sandbox. Thank you. bye bye sharks. Chris has left the building. (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: New Site - JLUG - Contest & Prizes too!

In lugnet.build.contests, C. L. GunningCook wrote: WOW! The site, contest, everything! Everything seems tailor made for me! A LUG to join, and MOCs related to myself! Hats off, Red Brick :-) I *do* have some nitpicks though.... You mention (...) (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  New Site - JLUG - Contest & Prizes too!

Hello Everyone... I'm totally stoked to announce that the (URL) JLUG> has gone "live" and after a few days of testing, we are starting the "party" with an open contest with prizes. Drop on over, check out it out and start thinking about the MOC you (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca, FTX) !!

  More 4679 happiness (was: What a trip I had to Markville!)

(...) This time I went to the TRU at Steeles/Hilda.... (...) Picked up a 4511 at $80 hoping to sell it to Europe for a profit... 8) (...) Same three displays are here too. Alas one of them is silent. (...) Seven units, all 2714s, are within my (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: What a trip I had to Markville!

(...) Thanks again for posting these were available in Toronto. For fun, I bought another two strap today: (URL) different from the two strap I bought yesterday but didn't photograph. I think you have to buy at least two of a kind to have enough of (...) (20 years ago, 1-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: What a trip I had to Markville!

(...) I'm not sure it all the bags will match-You've got to be careful here. Each bag is "just a little different" than the others. Most of the bag contents I'm sure will be useful, though the ones I really don't know what to do with are these green (...) (20 years ago, 31-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: What a trip I had to Markville!

(...) Calum, thanks for doing what I had been trying to do! ;) Your pics match what I had counted so far - 2 bags - and now I know what's in the other 3 and can go ahead and stock my Bricklink store. :) Oh and these looks all old grays to me. Keith (20 years ago, 31-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: What a trip I had to Markville!

(...) On your advice (and Tim's) I got a two strap and a three strap tub each: This is the three strap: (URL) decided to lay them out by bag, thinking the bags contents may be the same while the selection of bags was random. No such luck--the bags (...) (20 years ago, 31-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: What a trip I had to Markville!

(...) I just went to my Toysrus in Brossard, Qc. I got one copy of 4679 and here is a picture of what was inside the bonus box. (URL) There was 5 bags, and they almost all contain the same parts in multiple of 3. The tub was stamped with 3534 and (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: What a trip I had to Markville!

(...) If you pick some up, you may want to know you can find out a little about what's inside in advance. There's a number stamped near the barcode on the tub. I think there are three possibilities. I'm not sure if all boxes with a single number are (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: What a trip I had to Markville!

(...) That's a neat set, that Mars Rover. Everytime I see the one I have built (I got a second for parts) I keep thinking about using those blue panel pieces for a spaceship or something. (...) So these 4679's are the weird ones with random pieces (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  What a trip I had to Markville!

You guys won't believe what I got from a trip to Markville Mall today! Couple weeks ago I picked up a Mars rover for $30 at the Walmart there, with a couple dozens around. Today I picked up another one. They now had 3 left after I'm out the door. (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Any AFOL in the Quebec City area ?

Are you a Quebec City AFOL ? Contact me. We could meet and start a Club in the area. (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.que, lugnet.general)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) The Hotel Deadline for BrickFest is Upon Us! July 22 is the last day to get the special BrickFest room rate at the Arlington Hilton! The Hilton is just blocks away from BrickFest and is the perfect place to stay while at the convention! But (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) (snip) (...) Well Gil, thank you. I was stuck on the CF100, but considering it took me a half a year to gather enough yellow epaulets to dress my 36 Mounties, the number 692 seems a bit daunting. Oh well! I am working on a front mockup Minifig (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) A little late, but chiming in nonetheless. Veddy nice! The mountie a la $50 bill portrait is amazing. I was going to build a stunning, minifig scale version of Parliament, overflown by a squadron of Avro Arrows, with a legion of courrier de (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Thanks eh! Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 3-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Thanks Daniel, (some B&D back at ya) I "hope you enjoyed the beer, oh, like I mean the movie", um MOC, eh! Oh speaking of back... "Gimmie a toasted back bacon, hold the toast" (...) Hope you had a good one. Janey "Red Brick" (continuing to (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Hey... that's really nice eh. Says fellow Canadian Jeff. (20 years ago, 3-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

Quoting Bob and Doug MacKenzie,"everyone say....beauty" Like the Mounties in the circle, reminds me of the old 50 dollar bills. Happy Canada Day! --member 1893 (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Thanks Allan, his epaulettes are actually my favourite part. Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Thanks Rosco, I hope that's a Canadian beer. I will make an effort to get his flag and gun completed by Canada Day 2005! Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Thanks Deborah, I can remember my first time seeing them perform, it was at the London Fair grounds, and I was "knee high to a grasshopper". I can still recall being nervous when those 32 mounted horses charged towards the audience. Janey "Red (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Thanks, he was fun to build. (Mmmmm and lots of red bits.) Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Great stuff Janey! The use of the 1x1 cylinder bricks in the epaulettes is particularly nice. Regards, Allan B. (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Well I'm no Canadian but I'll look anyway ;) (...) Very nice Janey! But where is his gun and flag?????? (...) And you too!!!! ROSCO (Gets beer out of the fridge) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) i haven't seen the musical ride in years even though it's playing just up the road, but they should definitely see a copy of this! excellent work, great "formation"! -§ deborah §- (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

Your "Mountie" looks great. That's my favorite rendition to-date of an alternate to the big minifig guy. Nice work! Ashley (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  O'Canada!

Fellow Canadians, After seeing a large scaled Mountie in "Brickbaron's" Brickshelf folder for the Vancouver Road Show, I was compelled to build my own, but to the same scale as set 3723 (LEGO Mini-Figure Sculpture). Regrettably, his staff with a red (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, FTX) !!

  BrickFest PDX 2004 - Where are you coming from? (01.17.04)

Want to know "Where in the World" your fellow "LEGO Maniac" colleagues are coming from for BrickFest PDX 2004? Take a look at the spectacular representation of attendees from all over the world! Australia: Victoria: Chadstone, Melbourne Canada: (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  BrickFest Door Prizes

Hi All, We'd like to announce a new Door Prize drawing method that directly involves the BrickFest PDX attendees! We have over $2000 of prizes this year (thanks to Jake via LEGO and all our other private sponsors!!!)! Instead of the normal (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.games, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.us) !!

  BrickFest PDX 2004 - Portland, Oregon, USA - Things to See & Do!

Have some time to explore through Portland while at Brickfest PDX 2004? Not sure what Portland, Oregon, USA is all about? Check out these cool and informative PDX Websites prior to arriving BrickFest PDX 2004! :: transportation :: PDX Airport - (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  Sale @TRU in Canada

TRU are having a 25% off sale on all Lego. Not sure if it ends the 24th or runs until the 26th. Lots of new 2004 sets on the shelves (SW,etc) It's pays to be a last minute shopper! Kevin (20 years ago, 20-Dec-03, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: The Southern Alberta Lego User Group

(...) I just thought I would add to this we have decided to have regular meetings on every second monday of the month so if anyone in Calgary wants to join our little group feel free to contact us. Bartek (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.ab.cal)

  Joystick help

People- I have done a very rough draft of what will be my lego controller. It has 10 pneumatic valves, a steering knob,and a stick. The valves will be connected to a single motor, while one of the steering knob wires will be coming from the batery (...) (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca)

  LEGO fans to participate in LEGO Road Show 2003

On behalf of LEGO fan organizations across North America, we would like to announce our participation in the 2003 LEGO Road Show! This Road Show centers around the company's core values by promoting open-ended play and creativity, via LEGO's new (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  Sears sale, 30% off LEGO Saturday morning

Greetings, The local (Halifax Nova Scotia) Sears flyer has all LEGO 30% off from 7 am til 10 am on Saturday Feb. 15th. Don't know if it is national. I've been too busy shovelling lately to check to see if they have much of a selection. Gail Meagher (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Seasons Greetings from rtlToronto

Hi folks, On behalf of Chris and I, best wishes for the holiday season and a successful new year in 2003. It's been a good year for rtlToronto, being featured in both the National Post and the Toronto Star, going to BrickFest 2002, doing ProjectX, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Mindstorm RIS 2.0 on sale

For those looking for a good price on a Mindstorm RIS 2.0 Sears in downtown Kitchener has them on clearance for $209.00 with an additional 40% off that price this Friday (13th) from 10-11pm as part of a moonlight madness sale. They had at least 10 (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Looking for Mindstorms promotional materials.

I'd like to follow up with a quick thank-you... Our presentation went very well. We had about 40 people come to the presentation, and it didn't hurt that we had it the same day, time, and place that First Lego League was in town. Special thanks to (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.ca)

  Fw: paypal in Canada

  paypal in Canada

Hey gang... I'm cross posting this to .CA just so you RTL guys know. I was thinking about joining pay pal..... I want to offer a service online (nothing lego related) I was thinking about joining paypal to accept funds..... Have any of you joined (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca)

  Looking for Mindstorms promotional materials.

Hi fellow AFOLs and Mindstormers, This may be slightly off topic where I'm posting, so please forgive me. I'm going to be doing a presentation to some engineering students at a local university to try and generate some enthusiasm for our Mindstorms (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.ca)

  The Southern Alberta Lego User Group

Since there has been no real announcement yet, I thought now would be as good as a time as any, plus there is a meeting coming up. So anyway, there is a small LUG located here in Calgary, Alberta and we have named ourselves SALUG. The group consists (...) (22 years ago, 20-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.ab.cal)

  MonLUG and ParLUGment hold first joint train show

Un message francais suit. A french message follows. Hello to all, I'm proud to announce the Montreal Area Lego User Group (MonLUG) second and the Ottawa Lego User Group's first participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca) !

  LEGO Yoda UCS sighting

Hi all Found the LEGO Yoda UCS set at the local TRU in Toronto (Bloor and Dufferin) for $170. Not exactly a bargain though, considering the LEGO Shop at Home price is 99 USD. They also had the RIS 2.0 marked down from $300 to $280, and the Ultimate (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Happy New Year, 2002

Happy New Year, and I want you all to know I spent New Year's Day teaching myself NQC (I can turn a motor on... but not off... yet), and it's all because of you folks. -Greg Hyland (22 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Happy New Year, 2002

(...) Happy New Year Calum! (just got my laptop back and playing catch-up :) ) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Happy New Year, 2002

Hi folks, I wanted to wish everyone here on rtlToronto and Lugnet a happy new year in 2002. Although it's been a pretty bad year overall, it's been a great year for rtlToronto and Lego in the GTA: Not only did we do three Robotics events in 2001, we (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca)

  The TOMLUG Alliance

rtlToronto, ParLUGment and MonLUG are proud to announce the TOMLUG Alliance, the Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal LEGO User Groups Alliance. We have agreed to not only accept the free flow of members between our groups but encourage members all our groups to (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Harry Potter at Zellers?????

Hey canadian AFOLs, Is there any Zellers selling any HP sets? They have their famous buy one get the second 50% off this week and I can't put my hands on any HP sets. Any Ideas?? Thanks, JM (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Any AFOL in the Calgary, Alberta area?

Trying to track down any and all AFOL in the Calgary area, cross posted a bunch of places to cover more area and hopefully find some new people. Adam (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.ab, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Winners 7130/7150 Star Wars combo

Too bad we missed you. I've lived in Ottawa since Jan '96, and Jude has been here forever <grin>. I can't speak for the others, I don't remember how long they've been here, if I ever did know. I have a terrible memory so it's quite possible I've (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto Shirt Now Available

Hi folks, I'm very happy to announce our very first rtlToronto t-shirt is now available for sale: (URL) shirts are 100% cotton in dark blue, M, L and XL sizes. Due to a small printing error, they are actually only $13 CAD each! Email me if you'd (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: URL for Box car pics?

(...) If (...) Hello, Even if you only bring 1 or 2 MOC or even not at all, just to be together, exchange, discuss is a big part of the fun. Of course, if you bring a 6x3' layout or bigger, better it is. What we were discussing in previous metting (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: URL for Box car pics?

(...) I don't disagree. I just wish our country was not so huge. Travel will be the killer no matter what. You can take a lot on a plane if you buy an extra seat. ;-) Another option is to have two festivals. One East and one West. Jude (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: URL for Box car pics?

(...) Yes, but that really limits what they can bring to the festival. You can't pack a train module under the seat in front of you. :) If there isn't a good possibility of a club bringing more than what fits in their carry-on luggage, then it's not (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: URL for Box car pics?

(...) Could not some from western Canada fly? Jude (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: URL for Box car pics?

(...) <snip "Canada get-together?" stuff> (...) Lots & lots (& lots) of notice, if you want anyone from Western Canada there. It's about a 60 hour drive from Edmonton to Toronto, and you can tack another 15 hours for anyone from Vancouver. I'd love (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: URL for Box car pics?

(...) Brickfest? (...) invader (...) What do you mean worse? :-) We threw around the idea. What I was thinking would be to rent a school or something for overnight, as long as they had showers, and have everyone crash there to save some bucks. We (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  New Groups added to LUGMAP development page...

Followups to lugnet.org I have updated the LUGMAP development page with the following LUGs and LTCs. AdeLUG - Australia BUGS - Australia MUGS - Australia TasLUG - Australia PLUG - Portugal LUCNY - United States IndyLUG - United States NILTC - United (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.general)

  Woo Hoo! Train Cars!

I awoke to a very pleasant surprise today. My 10013 & 10014 have arrived in Ottawa! Haven't built them yet, since we have company, but they will be built before the day is out. <grin> Box looks nice. Not black & white, so that's a plus. Here's scans (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Znap sale - with motor

(...) I hope you do get to come...Train events are very different from the robotics events...but like the video showed...there is a slight mixing of robots with trains...Train2 (I hope) will have even more of an integration. Thanks, Benjamin (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: LEGO Znap sale - with motor

(...) I also want two 3552's. I want to come to Train2, but if I can't come I guess Tim and Jude would help me pick it up, right? ;) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: LEGO Znap sale - with motor

(...) Does anybody have any 3552's that they would like to trade for 3571's? I'd like to get maybe 2-4 of them if they are available. If anyone in Toronto has some, I could trade you at Train2. Thanks. Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) ParLUGment #2 (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: rtlToronto Videos

That Train1 video is fabulous. My congrats Iain. Great job. I showed my wife and my 1 year old son and they both liked it. Excellent showing. It will make great advertising for Train2. I especially love Iain's train cam shots, rolling down the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca)

  Train1 video

Iain, Is there any way you could upload the Train1 video for the out-of-towners like Martin & I to view? How big is it? Thanks. Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Blue Tubs (3033's)

(...) Well, I couldn't get away from work Saturday morning, but I did get to Zeller's in the afternoon and took 2 of the 4 Blue Tub's that they had. I wish they would have had a better selection of sets and buckets. I'll have to check out some other (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Blue Tubs (3033's)

I just thought I would point out the buying opportunity this Saturday morning at Zellers. They are having a buy one get one half price sale, with an additional 10% off Saturday morning. Certainly this is a good sale for any Lego with about 32% off. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Lego Life on Mars Tour

Looks like Lego has organized a Life On Mars Truck Tour that is slated to be at the Science Centre in Toronto on July 5th and 6th. The tour truck with adjacent tents is to be set up in the parking lot, so admission is free. Here is the link for (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: One more try: AFOL meeting in Calgary?

(...) Heck, I'll come down. Any excuse for a Peter's run. <grin> James (23 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: One more try: AFOL meeting in Calgary?

(...) I probably could be interested in a meeting about mid May. Not sure about exact date, but I will be traveling through the area, and wouldn't mind meeting people. James (23 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  One more try: AFOL meeting in Calgary?

I posted this over in .loc.ca, but I wanted to post here too, to get more coverage. I just wanted to try again to see if there was any more interest in having an AFOL meeting in Calgary sometime near the end of March/beginning of April. Anyone? (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  VicLUG group

My apologies -- I just noticed that I forgot to create a group for VicLUG in the .org.ca area... For the links bar, is there an official VicLUG website? --Todd (23 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Looking for a 5580 "Highway Rig"

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here knows where I could find a Model Team 5580 Highway Rig. If possible I would perfer it be unopened or at least with all the parts, stickers, instructions, etc. Thanks Ben (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Curved Road Plates

(...) (3) green, 3-bay, numbered split driveways (old firehouses...) (3) grey, 3-bay, numbered split driveways (1) blue with large island in the center (10) grey, straight roadway (4) grey, freight pullouts All are 10" x 10". -Z- (23 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Curved Road Plates

(...) Yes, actually. Those are the ones, and I could use another set (or two), although I'm not desperate for it. The TRU's up here are coming up empty on anything that isn't a straight road plate (and even then, there's only 1 store with any (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Curved Road Plates

Oops, this message was supposed to go in the NALUG group. Sorry. -Adam (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Curved Road Plates

Hey guys, I think you had mentioned, either here or on the mailing list, that you wanted/needed curved road plates, but I'm not sure. Which ones? Are they these ones, set 6321: (URL) you still need some? If so, I think a TRU here in Calgary, has (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: FutureShop.ca - Mindstorms RIS 1.5 - sale!

Hi, Knowing Futureshop (we reserve the right to cancel your order), I did not want to post to early. However, I ordered RIS 1.5 from their website and I have received a Purolator tracking number (cleared the Ontario hub) for the completed shipment (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FutureShop.ca - Mindstorms RIS 1.5 - sale!

Darn I hope they have one left here in SJ.....wow. (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca)

  FutureShop.ca - Mindstorms RIS 1.5 - sale!

For those looking for a good price on the Mindstorms RIS 1.5 and can't find them in the store, it appears the price is correct because the web site has them on sale for $147.99.(CAD) Check it out! www.futureshop.ca click on Games then Smart Toys (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Seasons Greetings

And have a happy, joyous and safe holiday season as well Calum. I was good this season--didn't buy one set (though that might change between now and the new year ;)) Stay safe and take care everyone p.s. designing 'bot as I write, though redeemer is (...) (23 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Seasons Greetings

Hi Folks, Just wanted to post in and wish everyone in the rtlToronto community as well as all the other Canadian Lego groups a happy holiday season and a productive new year. Calum PS-I gave all of my coworkers in my group a small Lego set (6470), (...) (23 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca)

  8458 Silver Champion CN$170 in Costco!

To make the short story long: 1) Went to CanTire and Warmark for LEGO storage boxs and 2161 at CN$15. 2) In Warmart met friend by chance who were selecting toys for kids. 3) Suggested LEGO to friend. Friend said he saw a big LEGO F-1 in Costco, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Anyone up for a big castle Brickwars over break?

(...) If only I could join your event with my 500+ force of the undead. My men are weary, for they haven’t seen battle for many years, and yearn to test their skills and metal in a dance of death. (...) Yet another battle that my steadfast ranks (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.ca)

  For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation

I am starting a list of local users group and clubs. I want it to be as complete as possible and for the history books (and, aw heck, for charts and graphs someday) I'd like to include the official dates of formation of each group/club. As a first (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.org.nl, lugnet.org.it, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Suzanne's gift

(...) of her with the soccer set built and the rest of the gift in the background. (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Edmonton Train Show Bridge

On Thursday, August 10, 2000 12:43 AM John Koob wrote: Ok, everyone, I scanned Michel's photos of his layout as promised. You can find them here: (URL) you can see, I even made thumbnails. :-] (...) Don't forget to crost post to our org/ca/nalug (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Edmonton Train Show Bridge

(...) With respect to changing the layout each day, I just didn't want to put anyone off. You would be surprised at how little room there is for structures when the space is filled up with track. It would probably be best to add different bridges in (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Edmonton Train Show Sept. 23 & 24

(...) With respect to the monorail, although I have track and the 6399 international shuttle, I was hoping Steve would take care of the entire monorail thing, so that I could focus on the rest. I recall from the show I attended in Seattle that the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Edmonton Train Show Bridge

(...) Doesn't seem logical to me to have a different one Sat./Sun. Do you have a photo you can e-mail that would give me an idea of what your bridge is like? I'm guessing along the lines of something that would carry the train from one table to (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Edmonton Train Show Bridge

Wednesday, August 09, 2000 12:55 PM Michel Magnan replied: (...) I already have a bridge, single track, out of black technic and grey plates. If you want to make another, we could have a different one Saturday from Sunday. It has to span 30 inches, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Edmonton Train Show Bridge

I have dozens and dozens of (all black!) Technic beams (4,8,16, etc.) that I got from Auczilla to form my monorail spiral support structure. I could make a (hopefully) great bridge for the show layout - similar in style perhaps to those in the 7777 (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Edmonton Train Show Sept. 23 & 24

On Thursday, August 03, 2000 12:12 PM Michel Magnan wrote: Oops, I forgot the address, it is the Edmonton Aviation Heritage Building at 11410 Kingsway Avenue. (...) You are right, at least a few lengths of completed roadway, we will aim for that. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Edmonton Train Show Sept. 23 & 24

(...) I'll definitely be there! You can schedule me for whenever on Sat./Sun. except the first 1/2 of Sunday (since I'll be at church) and of course I'll be there on Friday/Sunday to setup/dismantle my monorail and help with the rest. I have track, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Edmonton Train Show Sept. 23 & 24

(...) Agreed. Automating the station would be better. I may not have time to build the warehouse either... (...) We could just lay the track on the plates without sticking either the straights or the curves to the plates. I saw this done on the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Edmonton Train Show Sept. 23 & 24

(...) No problem. Too bad I don't have more to show. Maybe next time. Right now I've sort-of started a sorting binge. Could take a while! (...) I should be available for at least part of that time. I've done some similar stuff in the past and mostly (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.ca)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact