 Organizations / Canada / 100
Re: O'Canada!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:31:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca, Gil Shaw wrote:
   In lugnet.org.ca, C. L. GunningCook wrote: • (snip)
   So to celebrate Canada Day I have posted both my maxifig Mountie and my minifig R.C.M.P. Musical Ride. If you are feeling patriotic or you are just waiting for your beer to chill, please drop by for a look.

Happy Canada Day!

Janey “Red Brick” (Wondering if I should build a maxifig horse for Max to ride, eh?)

A little late, but chiming in nonetheless.

Veddy nice! The mountie a la $50 bill portrait is amazing. I was going to build a stunning, minifig scale version of Parliament, overflown by a squadron of Avro Arrows, with a legion of courrier de bois marching in formation around the grounds to celebrate our nation.

But then I ran out of beer and felt a little sleepy.

Oh well, next year.

Cheers, -Gil

Well Gil, thank you. I was stuck on the CF100, but considering it took me a half a year to gather enough yellow epaulets to dress my 36 Mounties, the number 692 seems a bit daunting. Oh well!

I am working on a front mockup Minifig version of the Parliament but the progress is less then stunning. I’m giving myself a large time line, say oh I don’t know, 5 years, give or take. Probably take me that long just to gather the uniforms for the Queens Men, as for the Courier de Bois, how will I ever make a Hudson’s bay blanket? Never mind all the darn canoes. Sounds a bit overwhelming... mmmmmm did someone say beer?

two four, over

Janey “Red Brick”