 Off-Topic / Geek / 1828
Re: 2 x Armada Flagship = Armada Warship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 12:43:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Scott Arthur writes:

I have not seen too much of this - but I suppose I have not really
been looking for it.

It may be a function of which groups you hang out in, if you mostly hang out in
the market groups (not saying you do), you won't see the chiding (my word for
the day) that goes on by vigilantes (yesterday's word) as much.

We all like to be vigilantes I suspect, it's fun, and it makes one *feel like*
one is contributing to the community as a whole. But really, one isn't
contributing, one is being destructive. We all ought to take a vow to cease and
desist. (Once in a while that even applies to me, I suspect)

Mail Todd every time you're tempted to be a vigilante and say something,
instead of actually saying it. That way if the mail volume goes way up, he'll
implement something to make it easier to administer, and if it doesn't, there
really isn't a problem anyway.

I expect the web interface to become more and more dominant.

I think you are correct. I know I stopped using news altogether.

So, unless Todd spends some time on it, signatures will become
laborious cut and paste affairs.

Todd may or may not. I think he sees this interface as a transition step to
something else.

Whoever spent the time to research some windows gadget or another that made the
cut/paste part way easier and posted it to off-topic.geek probably would make a
lot of friends. I know they're out there but I am too lazy to go look.

(cross posted to geek for this one thing, please trim geek back off if you
aren't posting about a macro/gadget/keyboard stuffer thingie.)

Personally, I like signatures (market or otherwise) - they are often the most
interesting part of the post :-)

Yep.

This is scary, Scott A. wrote a post that I pretty much agreed with 100%. :-)
What's next? Cats lie down with dogs?

++Lar