 Administrative / Terms of Use / 106
Re: 2 x Armada Flagship = Armada Warship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:21:39 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Larry Pieniazek writes:

It may well be an advert. So is everything else that appears in signatures
that
leads the reader to sites where one has things for sale.

Actually, I wasn't just talking about his .sig.

But a flog? Hardly.
It's a neat model.

Yup.  It's a neat model that A) Isn't wholly made of Lego pieces, let alone
made only of two Armada Flagships (which makes me doubt how honestly he's
representing his intentions, when he implies it's made from two Armada
Flagships only), and B) that he posted an ad for the day before (so the timing,
to me, is suspect... why didn't he post both at the same time, if he's just
proud of the model?  If he built it and was so proud of it he wanted to sell
it, why did the ad come first and the Brickshelf site second?).

Did you post to .terms because you think it's a violation of the .pirate
charter?

That was the general idea.

I don't. It's not an auction, it's a straight sale.  We've had this
discussion before, haven't we?

Yeah, and I was pretty sure sale flogs were declared out-of-bounds in
discussion groups.

People put things in their sigs all the time

Yeah, but again, I'm not just talking about his .sig.  His .sig I couldn't care
less about; the extra message traffic folgging a sale in a discussion group is
what I'm concerned about.

1 - actually, you ARE being picky. IMHO. Declaiming that you aren't being
picky
doesn't make it not so.

It was a rhetorical comment.  Sue me.

It's not one of your more endearing traits, either.

Personal attacks already?  Wow.  Zero to sixty in one post.  Congratulations,
you just ensured I won't continue to debate this after this post.

see http://www.miltontrainworks.com for custom train models now available
(put that in my sig just for you, Eric, and just this once)

Aww, you're sweet, but I'm not a trainhead, so I doubt there's anything there I
would really be interested in buying.  Thanks for the thought, though.

eric