 Administrative / Terms of Use / 113
Re: 2 x Armada Flagship = Armada Warship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:11:14 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Kevin Wilson writes:

The non-Lego pieces in it are the custom sails, which I believe many
other people use as well. Lego sails just don't fit all sizes of ship.
The reference to "brass" cannons (which was only in the description on
the sale page, interestingly enough) was in quotes deliberately - they
aren't brass, they are built up from yellow 1x1 rounds and Technic
cylinders-which-join-with-pins

Oh, I see.  Nice!  It would be cool to have a different size of cannon on deck.

I can't work out why this is an issue, though - do you think I ought to
have specified exactly what the ship was built from, Eric? If so, why?

No.  I just find it striking that one day you posted about how you had the ship
for sale in .market.buy-sell-trade, and the next you posted in .pirate about
how you combined two Armada Flagships (and just happened to include an ad for
the ship as well).  It's not hard to extrapolate that you might then post in a
couple of days to .build about how you made the cannons (still including the
ad), and then to .fun.gaming about how it would be a great ship for Evil
Stevie's Pirate game (still including the ad), thereby proliferating your ad
throughout Lugnet, in inappropriate groups, for no other real reason than
advertisement.

I think that custom sets are a great idea, and I fully support you in your
endeavors (and, in fact, I think it's quite a handsome vessel).  I greatly
mislike sale flogs outside of the .market groups, though, and would like to see
them quashed.

As I said in a roundabout way to Larry, I'm not directly accusing you of
flogging (nor should my scenario about further posting above be taken to mean
that I necessarily believe that was your plan of action). Just starting a
discussion.

eric