 Administrative / Terms of Use / 112
Re: 2 x Armada Flagship = Armada Warship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:33:17 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

Yup.  It's a neat model that A) Isn't wholly made of Lego pieces, let alone
made only of two Armada Flagships (which makes me doubt how honestly he's
representing his intentions, when he implies it's made from two Armada
Flagships only)

The non-Lego pieces in it are the custom sails, which I believe many
other people use as well. Lego sails just don't fit all sizes of ship.
The reference to "brass" cannons (which was only in the description on
the sale page, interestingly enough) was in quotes deliberately - they
aren't brass, they are built up from yellow 1x1 rounds and Technic
cylinders-which-join-with-pins (dunno the proper name, but they are very
handy!). What I was trying to do there was make clear that they are not
regular lego cannon, which won't fit in the spaces I needed to use them.

It wasn't my intention to say that the ship was built *only* from 2
AF's. For a start, 2 AF's only have 2 cannon between them so I added
some, as well as another arched window, hinges for the opening cabin and
a lot of common pieces like white 1x1 rounds and yellow plates. Most of
the special pieces come from the AF's though - the masts, spars, hulls,
minifigs, green railings, rudder, lanterns and minifigs, for example.

I can't work out why this is an issue, though - do you think I ought to
have specified exactly what the ship was built from, Eric? If so, why?

Kevin
--
Armada Warship: custom ship model for sale!
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-armw.htm