 Administrative / Terms of Use / 111
Re: 2 x Armada Flagship = Armada Warship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:18:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.admin.terms, Eric Joslin writes:

In lugnet.admin.terms, Larry Pieniazek writes:
where are the non Lego pieces?
There are cannons on it built up from brass.  Read the advert.

We quibble, but hey, quibbling's fun.

I didn't say it wasn't.  If you can't have  afriendly disagreement with someone
sometimes, it's hard to call them a friend.

I did read the advert, thanks.  They're
built up from "brass" not Brass. In the pics, they look like brickbuilt to me.

Then how do you translate "brass"?  I assumed he meant he had tooled them up
from brasspiping and made them look like Lego cannons somehow.

What I did NOT spot at the time (and which you didn't either, I guess) was
that
the sails are not printed so must not be Lego since I think all pirate ship
sails are printed with some pattern or another... That's an easy one to miss.

I actually didn't miss that, I just didn't bring it up.

But we digress.

Yup.

But we differ on what a flog is, I guess. Your standards are much tighter than
mine. Too tight, IMHO.

Yeah, well, I just would hate to see people push the boundaries of flogging to
see what they can/could get away with.  Therefore, I push back when I think
someone could be pushing.  In a perfect world, I would like to see people who
are using Lugnet as a vehicle for their commercial enterprise consider long and
hard before posting anything [1] resembling an ad, or even about their finished
and currently available products, for fear of getting TOSsed.

Then again, I am a Lego enthusiast who collects and plays.  Lego comes in and
RARELY goes out [2].  I know that as a member of the Guild of Bricksmiths, and
with this new train enterprise, that puts you on pretty much the opposite side
of the issue, of course.

As I'm not a Lugnet admin, my standards for what's a flog aren't really
relevant.  Provoking discussion about what might constitute a flog is good for
the Lugnet community's growth, though, IMHO- even if the consensus is the
opposite of how I feel.

As a side note, if I'm going to say something, I'm going to say it without
reservation, even if I feel it's questionable.  There's no point in saying "is
this a flog?" to someone who's purposely pushing the boundaries, because they
are going to answer "no", of course.  Take that for whatever it's worth.

If no one else is posting, suggest we move on, unless
there actually is an issue here.

Hey, I have no problem with that.  I just feel that I should explain why I
posted what I did, especially if you ask me direct questions about it.

eric

[1] Outside of market groups, natch.
[2] Never, so far.