 Off-Topic / Fun / 8517
Re: The Lego Beretta just won't die
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 23:20:02 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Tim Romine writes:
In lugnet.cad, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
1.  I forget which one, but it was the one so small that only three fingers
can fit over the grip, and the barrel wasn't much longer than the handle.
Ach vey, but the recoil hurt...
This was almost certainly the Glock model 27, .40 caliber in a VERY small
package.

That sounds about right.  I dunno why the shorter barrel makes the recoil
more sharp, but after four clips my entire arm was sore.

Dunno, but it may be something to do with the increased inertia of the longer
barrel - takes more explosion to get it to start rotating. You can see this in
the different recoil between pistols & rifles - even though the barrel is
off-centre from the point of rotation by about the same distance, rifles tend
to recoil almost straight back, whereas pistols rotate. Attaching something
heavy to the end of the short barrel may help, but that sorta defeats the
purpose of the small package.

ROSCO