 CAD / 6787
6786  |  6788
Subject:
The Lego Beretta just won't die
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 02:00:43 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Last week someone in the world posted the Lego Beretta Series 92 9mm pistol
that I built over a year ago on www.fark.com.
http://onyx.malagraphixia.com/Beretta_9mm/Beretta_9mm.htm
http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=70047

The page typically gets like 20 hits a week. Lately it's getting over 8000 a
day.  And many of these people have been pointed to www.ldraw.org and here to
LUGNET to learn more about the adult Lego community and specifically LegoCAD
software and design.

Images of the model have been used by a Finnish band on their CD cover, the
Beretta Inc. marketing dept. wrote me an email to say the model was
"beautiful".. and now Berettaworld.com wants to feature it in their artists
section:

"Dear Sir
www.berettaworld.com is a website dedicated to fans of the Beretta brand.
Under the section, Artists, we pay homage to the creative genius' who have
used Beretta firearms as a subject in their work.
With your permission, we would be honoured to feature you as one of these
artists.  Specifically, we would like to publish a graphical representation
of your work, for example, one (or more) of the photos you have on your
website and a summary about you and your work.
Please refer to www.berettaworld.com/home_artist.htm for examples of artists
already showcasing their work on our site.
Thanking you in anticipation
Josephine DiDio"
All but 2 of the hundreds of emails I've received have been positive. The
negatives were trying to say I'm evil for provoking children to use Lego to
build guns. Uhhhh.. okay.. Children have never before used Lego for toy guns...
right.

Anyway... just wanted to share that I've managed to exposed 10's of thousands
of people to the AFOL community in the last two weeks. Tons of them have said
"I'm going to dig my Lego out of my parent's attic!". That makes me feel good.

Jeff