 Off-Topic / Debate / 14938
Re: Using Lego to build weapons? (was Re: The Lego Beretta just won't die)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:45:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Carsten Schmitz writes:
At least I think i belong to this AFOL community.

You can twist and turn it as long as you want to.. but a weapon like that is
only used for killing humans. Nothing to be proud of.

I don't think a single AFOL's model represents the entire AFOL community, do
you? I don't think people are going to look at a Lego gun and say "Gee, if
*that's* what adults do with Lego, they shouldn't have it!". And if they do,
they can live a delusional life. I mean, where were you when that German
artist modelled a concentration camp "theme" (under Lego's Logo, with
permission [sorta] I might add)?

You're going to either have to accept the fact that these people don't
represent you, or I suppose if you're convinced of that fact and it means
that much, you could always quit the hobby. I don't recommend that, though.
I recommend that you learn to be a bit more open minded about how other
people want to spend their time. It really isn't hurting you at all.

DaveE