 CAD / 6811
Re: The Lego Beretta just won't die
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 00:51:29 GMT

snip
wow.  I am stunned.

Its really cool that so many people seemed interested in your gun design,
but I don't know what to say without sounding negative.  I don't want to
seem rude because it isn't a *bad* design, and I'm not against firearms at
all, but why are people going nuts? (if your claims are to be believed, and
they *are* backed up by others, I guess they are)

Five or six things a week get posted to Lugnet or Brickshelf that are leaps
and bounds more sophisticated than this design, and the only thing I can
tell that is causing the stir is that your design is a gun and gun-nuts dig
it for being "hip and strange" or something.  Part of the stir might come
from a misleading bit I saw that read "... actual working Beretta made from
Lego..."  Now it was probably referring to your working locking and firing
mechanism (which is pretty well done), but non-Lego people probably see your
gun and think that if they build one, it will actually fire or something...

:-) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=6564
unfortunatley, these hardly got any attention at all when I posted them, oh
well, maybe if I modeled them to look like a real gun they would have been
better appreciated. :-/

Later,

-Geordan-

oh well, PT Barnum was right.  I hope I don't sound negative, I'm actually
not... I am just *stunned* that so many people are interested in a gun MOC.

Kudos for you anyway!  Its always nice to see Lego get positive attention,
no matter the circumstances.

cheers!
J "..." K