 Off-Topic / Fun / 8515
Re: The Lego Beretta just won't die
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 00:15:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

--- HUGE snip ---

1.  I forget which one, but it was the one so small that only three fingers
can fit over the grip, and the barrel wasn't much longer than the handle.
Ach vey, but the recoil hurt...

This was almost certainly the Glock model 27, .40 caliber in a VERY small
package.  I used to carry one everywhere I went (legally! I had a Washington
State Concealed pistol license at the time).

2.  "ledge", "stop", whatever -- Dunno what to call it, but the trigger
catches halfway back.  I like to use this thing as a resting spot, but I
dunno if there's safety issues with that.  More comfortable than the
"safetyless" Glocks, which requre a full trigger pull every single time, IMO.

Actually, Glocks require a full trigger pull (double action) only on the
first round fired. after that it is only a small (single action) pull, till
the magazine is empty, and the slide locks open.

NOTE:  I may sound like I'm on my GLOCK soapbox right now, but it is a
common misnomer about GLOCK handguns that they "have NO safety".  Actually,
they have a three-step safety mechanism to insure that they DO NOT fire
unless the trigger has been squeezed.  A (foolhardy) friend of mine once
loaded his GLOCK model 23, cycled a round into the chamber, and threw it
onto his concrete floor repeatedly, and could not cause it to fire...

Although neither I nor anyone ELSE I know would try something so dangerous
(except for THAT guy), I would say that GLOCK's safety mechanism works.