 Off-Topic / Debate / 14940
Re: Using Lego to build weapons? (was Re: The Lego Beretta just won't die)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:48:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Carsten Schmitz writes:

I just didnt want to be represented as a member of the AFOL communtiy by a
person
that builds weapons of it because I (and its only my opinion that i state
here) would
not  use Lego for something like that.

He didn't build a weapon, as far as I can tell.  He build a MODEL of one.
Big difference.  If he built an all plastic, working, lethal hand gun that
could be assembled and disassembled from easily obtainable parts, you'd have
a point.  Something like that would be a very dangerous thing.

All he did is appreciate the looks of an item, and model it.  I too think
there is no reason for civilian's to own handguns, but that's just me.  Even
though I am against them, I can still appreciate them.  Would I want my kids
playing with one of these?  Probably not.  But then again I plan on raising
my kids better than that.

You can bet I will build one one these for myself as well for display.  It
IS a remarkable model.

Eric