 Off-Topic / Debate / 14939
Re: Using Lego to build weapons? (was Re: The Lego Beretta just won't die)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:47:03 GMT

I can appreciate the detail, or for that matter, the design of a tank.
As one that used to ride in them (and other armored vehicles) , I really
do like their beauty.

Yeah yeah, tanks rule. Huhuhuhuhu, hehehe, huhuhu. Tanks are cool.

Needless to say I also enjoy tanks, aircraft, in fact any kind of cool
machinery, even gun mechanisms, just so long as I am not on the receiving
end. If this makes me a nutter then so be it :-) It is possible to have some
degree of fascination with this stuff without it being negative, although I
am not entirely sure I would be able to justify this in a totally watertight
way.

The fact is that kids make guns from Lego - I think someone on a chat show
summed it up brilliantly when it was mentioned that Lego used to avoid
making green and brown bricks as an attempt to stop kids making military
based creations... "you quickly got used to red tanks", he said.

Jennifer