 Off-Topic / Debate / 14941
Re: Using Lego to build weapons? (was Re: The Lego Beretta just won't die)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:52:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Carsten Schmitz writes:

"Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jennifer L. Boger wrote:

yah, I would be one of those people.  I am also pro gun control, and yet I
believe that it's not guns who kill, it's people.  A gun can be used to
protect, and save lives.

Yeah. An a-bomb can too...

Lego was to be meant as a toy, weapons are not.

so no more pirate ships, warships, any military models, wild west,
aquazone(/raiders, etc) classic space, star wars....  I'm sure there's
more "non-toy" themes, but I get tired of listing them.

These are all fictional or historical themes as you may have noticed.
Show me a LEGO theme that plays in our current time which uses weapons?

Isn't the idea of non-violent toys that we don't encourage the IDEA of
violence? I mean, isn't an A-Bomb a historical weapon? Is that ok for a toy?
How about a medieval torture chamber? At what point in history or fiction
does a weapon suddenly become "OK" in your book? Why is a "wild west"
revolver ok, but a baretta not? How can you defend fantasy/historical
weapons but be against modern ones?

DaveE