 Off-Topic / Fun / 6057
Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 02:41:27 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Yes.  According to M-W online, the color chartreuse is "a variable color
averaging a brilliant yellow green."  It describes the LEGO color perfectly!

FWIW, oed2 sez:

chartreuse

chartreuse Sartrö+-z. Fr.; fem. of Chartreux: see next and Charterhouse.

1. A liqueur made by the monks of La Grande-Chartreuse (the head monastery
of the Carthusians, near Grenoble), with
aromatic herbs and brandy.

2. A shade of colour; a pale apple-green.

3. Cookery. a. An ornamental dish of meat or vegetables cooked in a mould.
b. Fruits enclosed in blancmange or jelly.

4. A variety of the domestic cat. Also Chartreux.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/