 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 601
Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 20:31:44 GMT

[Trimmed ng list lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands]

In lugnet.dear-lego, Tim Courtney wrote:

Yes, this is a very real threat to their market sovereignty.  But do we
*want* it to happen?  Answer that for yourself.  I'm loyal to the brand and
the company and by no means want to see MegaBloks come in and take away
LEGO's market share.  By this statement are you stepping back and saying
'who cares?' and not staying loyal to TLC?  It seems that you are...but
you're not clear by it.

Heck, if Dave isn't clear, I will be:  I'm a consumer.  I will go with the
best product.  The company does not matter.  My personal feelings are with
TLC -- I want them to be, and remain, the best.  But those feelings will
not prevent me from buying a clearly superior product.

So far, I refuse to buy any MegaBloks.  They are not as good as LEGO.
Ritvik is gaining on TLC, in terms of set design, and manufacturing
quality, but they haven't overtaken TLC yet.

Steve