 General / 23707
Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:39:16 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
[mega snippage]
If I were Ritvik Holdings Inc., what would worry me more than anything • else
right now, however, would be the MEGA BLOKS(R) brand.  It's a terrible • name,
and what's worse, there are BABY MEGA BLOCKS, MAXI MEGA BLOKS, MINI MEGA
BLOKS, and MICRO MEGA BLOKS.  (Can you guess which one competes • head-to-head
with LEGO(R) SYSTEM(TM) sized bricks?)  On the other hand, the co-branding
of SESAME STREET(R), TELETUBBIES(R), and NASCAR(R) with MEGA BLOKS(R) • helps
obscure that awful MEGA BLOKS(R) name, so they're not totally asleep at • the
wheel.

Good thoughts.  Though I wouldn't break down into an examination of the
MegaBloks brand here - because I'm inclined to believe they listen to us.
At least I don't want to see MegaBloks succeed - dunno about the rest of
you.

(that's just my .02.  Take it for what its worth)

What would you do if LEGO were YOUR toy company?  What would it BE LIKE to
be a customer?  What would you do DIFFERENTLY from what they do now?

I asked this question a while back -- here's the thread --

   http://news.lugnet.com/dear-lego/?n=736

Jump in and share your thoughts!  Let LEGO know how you feel!!!

WOW!  I love your ideas there - I didn't catch that message when it was
posted here.  But I don't have the time right now to sit down and think
about how I'd run TLC, and most of the stuff you posted I'd completely agree
with.

If Todd was calling the shots, we'd have a better TLC.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne