 Off-Topic / Fun / 3347
Re: Sesame Street King Ernie (was: Re: Castle returns for 2000!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 00:26:12 GMT

<3822120f.591292318@lugnet.com> <FKp4x1.65x@lugnet.com>

You can chalk me up as an AFOSS/AFOTH (actually just a total AFOJH) as well.  I
proudly credit Jim Henson as my number one influence/role-model/idol, and have no
doubt growing up watching all things Henson on TV and film played a major part in
steering me toward my silly animation career.  Come to think of it, (here comes
some blasphemy) I think I spent more time this past year making puppets than
playing with Lego.  Of course, I spent more money on Lego than puppets, so I guess
it balances out.

anyway, Julie Krenz wrote:

It's very tempting to get a satelitte dish. There's a channel, Noggin', that
carries old Sesame Street shows *and* old Electric Company shows.

I've been trying to get my cable company to add The Oddysey Channel to their
lineup.  It was recently relaunched as a Henson/Hallmark station, and it airs
daily doses of the Muppet Show and other Henson classics.

Did I spell 'Oddysey' right?

-Pete