 General / 9514
Re: Castle returns for 2000!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 00:27:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.general, Rose Regner writes:

I find this whole thread rather amusing. Put a few curves on a minifig and
it sends you guys into a boob frenzy.

Hey, if we all actually looked like lego minifigures we would all need to diet
very badly -- well, maybe not if you looked like the lego skeleton.

But if you are gonna define a castle female mini, she has to be corsetted!  To
omit the wasp-waist would be just as great an act of omission as to forget the
essentially useless chainmail on a male castle mini.  Taking it one step
further, its my understanding that many court ladies of the same period
ACTUALLY went about with their breasts completely exposed above the corset.
The only pictorial representation of this fashion that I can think of is an
old John Bolton story in "A-1" magazine (a British comic anthology).

Apparently, Queen Elizabeth -- who reigned for so long -- followed this
fashion to a point of embarassment for the rest of the court, continuing to
expose her breasts long after they had lost their "essential" attractiveness
to her advanced years!  Not quite the image one gets from the terrific film of
last year about Elizabeth, but there it is...

Perhaps those better informed can refute or support this historical claim of
mine.  My source, and I hope he wouldn't cringe to see his name here, is U.C.
Berkeley English Professor and Shakespeare authority Hugh Richmond.  I asked
him about it one day, and turning his head slant-wise to me as if to get a
better look at the upstart English major, he confirmed the essentials of what
I have related here.  I dunno, maybe at the time he would have preferred the
discussion were more about Thomas Wyatt's poetry and less about my prurient
interests...

-- Richard

rose ~

i think the new (and quite traditionally buxom) castle female, posed next to a
mini-fig that looks like kenny was just too much for some people (myself
included). at least richard here has gone into an _intellectual_ boob frenzy.
bravo!
most guys are pretty much in a perpetual state of boob frenzy, and are
continually on the look out for any reason (the stoopider; the better) that
would justify celebrating it.

later ~ craig