 Off-Topic / Fun / 3317
Re: Sesame Street King Ernie (was: Re: Castle returns for 2000!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 22:29:15 GMT

James Brown wrote:
Yup me too.... Ah, the good old days of Sesame Street, with skits they can't
show anymore...

Arg.  You can't be serious.  Really?!?  Arg.  Those old skits were the best.

Oh, well.  I figured the show (and anything Muppet) would go all to hell after
Jim Henson died.  Frank Oz is a good director, and makes a nearly sexy piggie,
but he really lacks the humor and human touch that Jim Henson put into the
shows...  That, and the fact that Kermit and Ernie sound like they have a
perpetual cold now...

On the flip side of that coin, the Jim Henson Creature Studio has done some
really amazing work.

Cheers,
- jsproat