 Off-Topic / Fun / 3319
Re: Sesame Street King Ernie (was: Re: Castle returns for 2000!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 22:47:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy Sproat writes:
James Brown wrote:
Yup me too.... Ah, the good old days of Sesame Street, with skits they can't
show anymore...

Arg.  You can't be serious.  Really?!?  Arg.  Those old skits were the best.

Yup.  At least one skit I know of for sure, (the Amazing Mumphert & the
disappearing pineapple trick skit) was pulled quite a while ago because it
<paraphrase warning> 'encouraged a lack of responsibility and a disregard for
consequences'
It's too bad - "He's with the pineapples, he's happy" has become a running
joke in our household.

Oh, well.  I figured the show (and anything Muppet) would go all to hell after
Jim Henson died.  Frank Oz is a good director, and makes a nearly sexy piggie,
but he really lacks the humor and human touch that Jim Henson put into the
shows...  That, and the fact that Kermit and Ernie sound like they have a
perpetual cold now...

Yeah, I've seen the new muppet show a few times, and it just didn't grab me.
A couple of the skits were funny, but most just missed me completely.  Or
maybe I'm just dated. :)

On the flip side of that coin, the Jim Henson Creature Studio has done some
really amazing work.

Yup!  I'll take a well-crafted puppet like Yoda any day before a CGI goofball
like Jar Jar.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

(and no, I'm not cross-posting this to .starwars! ;)