 Off-Topic / Fun / 11188
Re: A Prediction (Re: Monday Morning Diversion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:21:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler wrote:

   So my new top, er, five worst films-I-paid-full-price-to-see is as follows:

Superman IV Striptease Independence Day Robocop II Warlock II Congo Highlander II Howard the Duck

Though all of these films are indeed irredeemably terrible, I predict that “Son of The Mask” will far exceed their combined awfulness.

Who’s with me?

Apparently, the staff at the distinguished Golden Raspberry Awards, that’s who! It’s probably a safe bet that no one outside of the GRA and the immediate families of the cast and crew of the movie actually sat through it.

It had at least three things guaranteeing its utter failure:

1. Jaime Kennedy. Nuff said.
2. It’s a sequel ten years after the fact.
3. It included a digitally animated baby.

Who the heck greenlighted this obviously awful drek? $100M budget?!? Did they spend any on the script? Anyone connected with this film in any way should be barred from ever working in film, tv, or print. Heck, they should be barred from handling currency or accessing fresh water and electricity. They should be clad only in hairshirts and cast into the wilderness.

Somewhere a talented screenwriter now dangles in the noose, tied there upon learning that his or her script was declined in favor of financing The Son of The Mask. RIP, talented screenwriter!

Dave!