 Off-Topic / Fun / 10826
Re: Monday Morning Diversion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:39:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler wrote:

<snip>

The battle between the Enterprise, the Excelsior, and the prototype
bird-of-prey was very nicely executed.

Dave!

Since we're talking Trek, let's talk about some of our favourite eps from TOS--

Corbomite Maneuver - was first season, which helps, and knowing that the kid is
Richie Cunningham's older brother irl is a wonderful piece of trivia that I
really appreciate.  Was also a very suspenseful ep.

Doomsday Machine--anytime there was another Constitution class starship on the
screen made me happy.  As well, Star Trek trivia--Matt Decker, who buys it in
this ep, has a son--Capt. Decker in ST:TMP.  Why do I remember this stuff?
Again, a great ep for 1960's...

By Any Other Name-- (i think that's the title to this ep)--trying to get the
Enterprise to the next galaxy, and the entire crew was reduced to little pieces
of foam--watching the crushing of one of hte foam balls was--oooh, chills still
go up and down my spine just thinking about it.  And who could forget the Scotty
drinking marathon....

A few more but I won't mention 'City...' 'cause that's just too standard...

Dave K
-dusting off old memories and talking Trek again...