 Off-Topic / Fun / 10816
Re: Monday Morning Diversion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 04:00:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
Do Trekkies include Star Trek: The Politically Correct Generation movies in
the same numbering sequence?

Some do, but it mostly seems an attempt to apply the Even/Odd rule of ST movies
(even=good, odd="my gorge doth rise").

Was that the terrible one with the Shatner, or the not quite so terrible one
with the Bore-g

VII would be the cross-over movie, and VIII would be the one with the
Geiger-Borg (man, I was peeved when they went and screwed them up like that).

Burton's Batman was clearly influenced to some degree by Miller's Dark
Knight. For whatever I think of its recycled story and overly-self important
opinion of itself, it was a landmark comic.

It's still pretty much considered to be _the_ landmark comic.