 Off-Topic / Fun / 10819
Re: Monday Morning Diversion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:43:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

Do Trekkies include Star Trek: The Politically Correct Generation movies in the
same numbering sequence?  Was that the terrible one with the Shatner,

The Shatner was in VII "Generations," in which he went head to head with Malcolm
MacDowell for a bit of the old ultra-violence.

or the not quite so terrible one with the Bore-g (let's not attack the
humans because the script writer wants artifical drama - oh wait, we finally
noticed them and will lumber forward like zombies from Dawn of the Dead).

That's the one!  I like them, even with their artificial drama.  Maybe it's all
the tubes and hoses.

Dreadful art in Watchmen.

In more than fifteen years, you're about the first person I've heard who echoes
my view on that.  I hate hate hate Dave Gibbons' art, and it's not just
Watchment.  He had the same flaccid style in Martha Washington, and it has never
worked for me at all.

But then Godzilla: Size Matters was worse,

How could I have forgotten Godzilla?!?  I paid good money for that trainwreck!
Who knows what other traumas I've blacked out?

Dave!