 Off-Topic / Debate / 989
Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 15:00:47 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Libertarians are against taxes too. Taxation is slavery (1).
1 - Libertarian macho flash :-)

Macho flash?  Is that something like acknowledging it as a troll for
argument?  I really hate it when people disagree with this after it is
explained to them.

We just recognise that it takes time to unwind the system.  The limited
government we advocate is not "free". It still needs to be funded
somehow. We think it can be funded without taxes, per se, but think it
will take a while to get from here to there. (2)

This is why I'm not a member of the LP, I agree with all the goals
except that I know it won't happen here, peacefully.  Never happen.  If
Y2Kaos, or strongly encrypted digicash, or something else can bankrupt
the US Gubmint, then maybe it can be relatively peaceful.  But in the
end it's going to take a revolution and big business is going to have to
pay for it because popular revolution is impossible.

For most of us, it's cheaper to just deal with the horrible broken
system that we have than to work toward a real revolution.  I hope to
wait it out.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks