 Off-Topic / Debate / 968
Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 14:04:05 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

"Christopher L. Weeks" wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I personally am morally at least partly an Objectivist. I've spoken
against being a keeper before here, do a search for altruism to find the
posts. Being your brother's keeper means that you're obligated to help
him no matter what his moral shortcomings. I just don't personally buy
that obligation.

I agree.  How is that modified by your having committed to do so?

Sorry, could you restate the question, not following you here.

Right, sorry.  If you committ to be a keeper in some form, and then the
assumed ward reveals moral shortcomings, what's is your behavioral response?

What if you're on US business?

Do you mean US government business? Or just business of a US firm? If
the former and it was diplomatic, sure. We have to enforce the rule of
law between nations, diplomatic immunity must not be messed with. There
is no other legitimate government business so no.

I do mean US government business.  What if it is as a soldier?

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA