 Off-Topic / Debate / 967
Re: A summation? (was Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 13:55:11 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Know what? I've got my opinion of which one or more (if any) of the
above is valid. Most of the readers of this whole thread know what it
is. They also know what their own opinion is on all three. I suspect
that nothing that anyone said here changed the opinion of anyone. Still,

What can change the opinions?  I know that in discussions, I have
changed my mind on stances, but I can't isolate the essential element of
what convinced me - beyond inarguable logic.  But why is it that with
pretty similar backgrounds, we see different things?  I don't mean you
(Larry) and I (because we almost completely agree - on the issues
discussed recently anyway), but folks in general?  Why is it completely
obvious to me (right or wrong) that the right to own weaponry is
essential to _all_ other freedoms, but not to everyone else?  I say
completely obvious because it doesn't even feel like an opinion - it
feels like a truth.  (Maybe that's why I won't change my mind.)  I
apologize if this is rambling, but it's a serious question if anyone
wants to address it.

Nothing will change and I'm sorry I set it off. Keep debating though...

'Cause it's entertaining for you to read at lunch time?

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA