 Off-Topic / Debate / 991
Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 15:07:03 GMT

"Christopher L. Weeks" wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Libertarians are against taxes too. Taxation is slavery (1).
1 - Libertarian macho flash :-)

Macho flash?  Is that something like acknowledging it as a troll for
argument?  I really hate it when people disagree with this after it is
explained to them.

Libertarian Macho Flash is a saying we have in the party. It's an
acknowledgement that we often make statements that we believe to be
correct, that when made in a well supported chain of argument may be
perfectly reasonable, but when made "baldly" tend to make people shake
their heads and say "what a bunch of wackos".

Further, and more importantly, it's an acknowldegement that these
statements are detrimental to our cause when we make them that way but
we can't help ourselves sometimes. (hence the Macho Flash...)

Here are a few:

Taxation is theft.
War is murder.
Conscription is slavery.
Janet Reno is a murderer.
Social security is a ponzi just about to pop.
Get us out of the UN.

There are more...

This is why I'm not a member of the LP, I agree with all the goals
except that I know it won't happen here, peacefully.  Never happen.  If
Y2Kaos, or strongly encrypted digicash, or something else can bankrupt
the US Gubmint, then maybe it can be relatively peaceful.  But in the
end it's going to take a revolution and big business is going to have to
pay for it because popular revolution is impossible.

For most of us, it's cheaper to just deal with the horrible broken
system that we have than to work toward a real revolution.  I hope to
wait it out.

Ya. I hear you. We have an argument against that, though.

Another point, I never thought Jesse Ventura would be elected. So I was
hopeful. Now that he is, he's inexorably turning into just another
politician, though. So I'm saddened. (note: he is not in the LP but if
you examine his pre election rhetoric, you'd have a hard time telling
that)

I'm not a 1000 dollar a week supporter or anything but I do give money,
push the party line, and vote the LP ticket consistently. I have
participated in petition drives for ballot access but that is
exhausting.

If you don't vote LP, how can you vote demopublican? I can't hold my
nose long enough.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.