 Off-Topic / Debate / 903
902  |  904
Subject:
Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 15:34:03 GMT

Scott Edward Sanburn wrote:
Yes, and then maybe Clinton will bomb the Russian Embassy in Kosovo too?

Why not?  All this crap going on in Kosovo has proven to me that the US government
loves to bomb the hell out of foreigners.  I'm surprised we're stopping at the Kosovo
border.  At least our haphazard tagetting of the people we're pretending to fight for
(1) has taken the spotlight off the emberassing friendly-fire fatalities of Desert
Storm.

It sickens me to see the flag of morality that NATO is waving around.  We're just
playing a campaign of terrorism, in which the majority of our forces sit comfortably
at base watching TV, while people they've never met die at their command.  To Serbia,
it's a war.  To NATO it's a video game -- in which NATO violations of the the Geneva
Convention among with other international treaties are included in the list of
"acceptable losses".

We should go in full-force and occupy the place -- earn the conflict and hatred
honestly with blood -- or get the hell out.  Wars of attrition are never won by either
side.

So which is worse?  The atrocity of genocide, or the atrocity of terrorism?

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  Kosovar refugee casualities -- see
http://asia.yahoo.com/headlines/150599/world/926700180-90514164349.newsworld.html