 Off-Topic / Debate / 902
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 15:06:31 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:

It's really easy.  "A well regulated militia being necessary to a free
state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms will not be
infringed."

Nitpick:  You got the wording slightly wrong (which can make a world of
difference if you start analyzing it)
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the
right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Jeff

Thanks, I was doing it from memory - thinking I got it right and noticed
that I was wrong after the fact.  I think the commas I left out are more
significant than security, but it's better to have it all.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA