 Off-Topic / Debate / 984
Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 14:00:08 GMT

John DiRienzo wrote:
Sproat-unit emitted:
Well, I really just wanted to understand Libertarianism, or at least your
view, better.  Thanks!

   I am not a Libertarian.  I vote against taxes and for defense, and
sometimes factor in other things.

He's a fellow traveler.

A clarification, though... Libertarians support defense too, just not
the bloated inefficent overpriced pork laden one we have now. Really.
Libertarians are against taxes too. Taxation is slavery (1). We just
recognise that it takes time to unwind the system. The limited
government we advocate is not "free". It still needs to be funded
somehow. We think it can be funded without taxes, per se, but think it
will take a while to get from here to there. (2)

1 - Libertarian macho flash :-)
2 - just as it will take a while to unwind social security in the
fairest way practical. It would not be fair to just stop it cold. People
who paid into the system all their lives on the (foolish)
assumption/implied contract (3) that it would take care of them
completely or at least substantially can't be left starving with no
payout. Similarly, just as it will take a while to unwind a number of
other things...
3 - based on believing what politicians said.
FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.