 Off-Topic / Debate / 963
Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 09:54:06 GMT

Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com> wrote:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
The US is not the world's policeman.

Ah, but we are.  As a nation with the economic, military and technological
capability, it is our responsibility as a nation to do what we can to
preserve peace.  (1)  Our actions in Kosovo can only lengthen the conflict
and turn other nations against us.

I don't believe it is our responsibility to do so.

It may be, however, in our best interest to do so.  Especially
economic interest.  Maybe not in this case specifically, but, in
general, I would think that a mostly peaceful world is a world that
buys stuff.  And we sell stuff.

'Course, this "war" will do wonders for the military/industrial
complex within our country.  After all, we'll have to rebuild all
those bombs and missiles and helicopters we're using up, right? :/

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide