 Off-Topic / Debate / 951
Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 23:33:36 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I personally am morally at least partly an Objectivist. I've spoken
against being a keeper before here, do a search for altruism to find the
posts. Being your brother's keeper means that you're obligated to help
him no matter what his moral shortcomings. I just don't personally buy
that obligation.

I agree.  How is that modified by your having committed to do so?

Agreement about Somalia, Haiti, and Iraq.  However, some American issues
were at hand in Granada (mostly saving a handful of American "college
students" and Stopping Communism).

If you leave the borders of the US, I feel you are on your own. The US

What if you're on US business?  If your answer is still to let them rot,
then I disagree.  I also think that there are times when it's simply in
the best interest of the nation to do something about it.  And, I think
we as a people would be better off if the rest of the world knew that
they'd be in deep doodoo for messing with citizens of the US, so
sometimes I think we ought to aggressively pursue situations where our
folks are being abused.

1 - more's the pity. I've been to New Jersey and he can have it.

:-(  I might be moving to the Garden State.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA