 Off-Topic / Debate / 948
Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 22:30:23 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Other than Einstein telling us about it, which was a pretty good clue,
I'd say. We entered late. We should have entered as soon as it became
clear that Hitler could win if he got lucky and that he was practicing
genocide. (note only one of the criteria fits Kosovo, Milosevic won't be
invading France or New Jersey (1) any time soon, and properly
arming/equiping the KLA will shut him down in a hurry...)

I think arming the KLA is a bad idea - they started this chapter of the
war afterall and so Serbia brutually fought back.  I was watching a
program of the history of the conflict and Milosevic - the hard man of
Europe.  It was the Kosovo Albanians that threw the Serbs out of Kosovo
in the first place!

In this case I think NATO is messing with forces that are too big -
Russia are a force to be reckoned with and now NATO have upset China
(inadequate intelligence - you've finally admitted it! :-))  Serbia may
have broken the Geneva covention but so have NATO.  NATO are also
bombing innocent people.

Milosevic isn't mad just determined.

Finally - it's a waste of money - many economic problems could have been
solved with the money that explodes each day.

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170