 Off-Topic / Debate / 8933
Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 19:04:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:
LUGNet *does* have an anti-MS bias, and it goes farther than it should.

I don't know whether to laugh at this ridiculous statement or simply ignore
it.  What a steaming cauldron of barf of a statement.

Well, I'm not sure how you're measuring 'Lugnet' here-- either as the group
using it, the admins personally, or the 'Lugnet-as-a-company's view on the
issue. Certainly to say such of the users is rather laughable, at best.

To say so of the admins? Dunno. I haven't seen you (Todd) act really
positively towards MS, and I *have* seen you act negatively to it, although
I could be off base. At any rate, to say such a thing is not AS laughable,
but still without *verification* (that I've seen-- maybe there's some
honest-to-goodness statement out there).

But the 'Lugnet-as-a-company' view has shown little evidence of a viewpoint.
The only evidence I've seen to date was the 'pact with the devil' comment on
the Lugnet home page, which since has been removed... But I would say that
such a statement is indicitive of a 'Lugnet-as-a-company' view.

DaveE