 Off-Topic / Debate / 8932
Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 19:01:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:

LUGNet *does* have an anti-MS bias, and it goes farther than it should.

I don't know whether to laugh at this ridiculous statement or simply ignore
it.

I'd suggest you continue to ignore it, since if you don't, it leads to
statements like this one

What a steaming cauldron of barf of a statement.

not exactly unemotional... by the way, were you commenting in an official
capacity?

It goes far enough to color important decisions here, technical decisions
that may make this site harder to use for users,  [...]

LOL!  Now THAT takes the cake!  That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever
heard in my entire life.  Choice of OS on the server affecting usability for
users?

Fortunately that's not what I said.

Give me a break.  If any predilection affects usability for users,
it's that HTML pages don't get tested on Windows browsers as often as they do
on Linux and MacOS.

And why would that be?

++Lar