 Off-Topic / Debate / 6846
Re: Are we all too nice?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:51:44 GMT

Think about why the .off-topic.debate group exists and how LUGNET would be
different without it.  Pick any group and think about how LUGNET would be
different without it.  See if you can come up with three reasons for and
against a .off-topic.debate.flame group.  Certainly it's not a win-win, but
I'm looking for a cumulative-effect improvement.

--Todd

[followups to lugnet.off-topic.debate]

[and the first person who replies is a poopy head.  :-]

I'm against it, but to fulfill the request

Reasons For a Flame Group
1) Could be the "Soup of the Day" in terms of hot topics
2) You could really hurt someone if you wanted to
3) Good place to send the undesireables

Reasons Against a Flame Group
1) It cheapens the place, like a pawn shop or the adult room of the video
rental place

2) You could really hurt someone if you wanted to

3) Lugnet is a great place for me to take kids to give them a good sense of
wonder as far as what you can do with the brick.  I don't want to introduce
my younger friends to a site that would polute them.

Markus
Who's lately been more of a lurker