 Off-Topic / Debate / 6832
Re: Are we all too nice?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 16:27:58 GMT

IMO, Lugnet is a mirror of our inner child - a safe harbor for sharing the
mutual appreciation of an imagination-enabling toy.  With reagard to
Lugnet.vent, Lugnet.darkside or whatever we may call it, I believe it is a
recipe for disaster.  Doesn't anybody remember the a@#$ole who came to the
sand box and ruined your castle?  He not only destroyed your creation, but
broke your spirit for days...discouraging you from approaching the sand box
agian for fear of further torment.  It is the ESSENCE or the SPIRIT of
Lugnet that I believe would be endangered if a darker discussion group were
to be introduced.  Yes, it may be remotely placed, yes we have a choice to
view it or not, but the idea itself, I'm afraid, would breed unnecessary
contempt, and invite cruel opportunists to pee in our sand box.

-Matt

.