 Off-Topic / Debate / 6782
Re: Are we all too nice? (new name)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 15:38:04 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

This is ultimately a CFD (call for discussion) for a new newsgroup, but also
asking what I think may be an important question.  It's a taboo question, so
do try to keep an open mind.

The question is:  Are we trying to be too nice to one another?

(snip)

I am wondering what people would think if there were a group

   lugnet.off-topic.debate.flame

where, basically, anything goes:  rudeness, complete gruffness, even
profanity.  (When I say anything, BTW, I mean anything but copyright
violations or other illegalities, etc.)

I would like to politely offer another suggestion for the name of the group

      lugnet.vent

I poffer this alternative because it is my opinion (and I am not attempting to
foist my own humble opinion on anyone) that Lugnetters will, at times, need to
yell, scream, and curse about on-topic subjects.

And if you don't like it then I would like to politely suggest a few anatomically
and politically incorrect procreation options.

thank you for your time
SteveC