 Off-Topic / Debate / 6828
Re: Are we all too nice?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:26:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Selçuk Göre writes:

I just give the example below:

"Yeah, you are right, I already commented about your mother's sexual
abilities last week, but you know, it was on .flame, do not take it
seriously, so we are friends again right?"

Wouldn't work.

This is absolutely true.  If you write that (or worse) to/about me, I won't
forget it and you will basically forever count as worthless in my book.
And I won't ever seperate that from other contributions that you might
make.  I think this is the only strong argument against the creation of
this group.  (Actually, the only strong argument on either side.)

But, if you don't want to read those kind notes, you don't have to.  It seems
like there are a bunch of weak (or potential) arguments in favor of the
creation of such a group and two bigger arguments against: the one illustrated
by Selçuk above, and the fact that it will take time.

Chris