 Off-Topic / Debate / 23629
Re: Sheikh Yassin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:46:56 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   Do not equate the Palestinians with the Hamas. Even if the Palestinians want peace, there will be none because of Hamas, because Israel will still exist!

What do you mean “if”?

I do not consider a society “peaceful” or “peace-loving” if they condone the sending of their citizens to commit cold-blooded murder.

Let’s leave the IDF out of this!

   Honestly, I’d admire their conviction and resolve a lot more if the suicide bombers killed only themselves in martyrdom, without damage to other human life or property. And I think that they’d garner more world sympathy for their cause, too. As it is now I have nothing but contempt for their tactics and those who’d advocate them.

What do you think makes them want to kill? Perhaps stories like this.

   The whole idea is sick and wrong, and as long as Palestinian leadership clings to it, there will never be peace. But I do believe the Palestinians want peace in their hearts; they are just going about it all wrong. Hamas, OTOH, only wants Israel wiped from the Middle Eastern map, period.

What is more important to people like Sharon: Land or Peace?

I look at Ghandi; I look at Martin Luther King Jr-- those were men who “fought” successfully for their causes without killing. Those are the tactics the Palestinians need to adopt.

What about Sharon. Is he a “Ghandi”?

   Hamas will kill Palestinians and Israelis alike!

What about the right-wing Israeli terrorist groups?

What about them? They are condemned by mainstream Israelis, captured and punished. Constrast that to Palestinian extremists-- they are revered and held up as heroes.

Why is that?

   That’s how much they hate Jews! There will never be peace as long as terrorist organizations like Hamas and al-Qaida still exist. Never.

There will never be peace as long as the killing persists on both sides.

No. Peace won’t exist if only one side kills. And Hamas is committed to killing, not peace. The only peace they want is one that doesn’t include a state of Israel in the Middle East.

Sharon has killed more than Hamas... far more. Do you condemn him?

   Your one sided view of this situation is part of the problem;

The problem is your refusal to acknowledge that there are some groups who don’t want peace!

A minority on both sides only want peace on their terms.

   it helps allow Sharon to continue his murderous ways. He has the blood of 1000’s on his hands… and that is a FACT.

If the Palestinians don’t like Sharon, they shouldn’t have helped get him elected.

So that’s the Palestinians fault too! Like I said, your attitude is part of the problem.

Scott A

JOHN