 Off-Topic / Debate / 23587
Re: Sheikh Yassin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:31:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Orion Pobursky wrote:

Just because the man should be dead or the world is better off with him dead doesn’t mean Isreal was justified in killing him.

His organization has declared war on Israel. He was a completely legitimate target.

   In fact I would postulate that this will lead to much more killing that it will prevent.

I think the Israelis believed that at one time, too, because the fact is that they probably could have snuffed out his pathetic existence any time that they wanted. What they are realizing is that the slaughter of innocent Israelis is going to continue regardless of what they do. The fact is that there is no appeasement for Hamas, except the obliteration of the state of Israel.

   This is why a open policy of assassination meerly furthers the cycle of violence.

There is no “cycle of violence” for Hamas. If Israel were to suddenly return to even ‘48 borders and never fired another shot, it wouldn’t matter to Hamas a whit. The terror would continue until Israel was no longer. Read a little from the Hamas Covenant and see the truth.

JOHN